Dear Sir or Madam,
My name is xxx. I’m writing to request an extension of my B1/B2 status from June 20, 2020 until December 20, 2020.
I most recently arrived in the U.S. in August, 2019, to visit my son, who’s an international student at xxx School in Virginia. In January, 2020, shortly after the COVID-19 broke out in China, my home city announced lockdown and I requested an extension of my B1/B2 status until June 20, which was approved in March. I was planning to attend my son’s high school graduation ceremony on June xx, and fly back to China together with my son afterwards.
However, since then the COVID-19 has evolved into a global pandemic, rendering me unable to make a specific plan to depart:
- My son’s school has been closed. We’re waiting for the management’s decision on how the graduation ceremony is going to take place.
- Most U.S.-China flights have been suspended. My airline has been unable to confirm when they will be able to fly. My son’s ticket, which was purchased later than mine, has been cancelled. It has become extremely unlikely that either of us will be able to get on any flight to China in June, as originally planned.
In light of the great uncertainty lying ahead, while I plan to fly back to China as soon as it becomes feasible, I’d like to request six months’ extension, from June 20 to December 20, so that I have more flexibility, instead of potentially needing to request a third extension. Meanwhile, my son has received and accepted the offer from the University of xxxx, and we’re working with them to ensure he can transfer from his high school to xxxx, without needing to leaving the U.S. during the pandemic.
I’m a businesswoman. I own two advertising companies, as well as multiple real estate properties in China, the proofs of which were presented when I was interviewed at the U.S. Consulate General in xxx a few years ago. I have enough assets to cover all the expenses during the extended stay.
If my extension is approved, I plan to be with my son during this difficult time, until there are flights for me to get back to China.
I will attach below documents for your reference:
- A photocopy of my passport (information page).
- A photocopy of my visa (information page).
- A copy of the Approval Notice for my previous extension request.
- A copy of my son’s I-20.
- A copy of my son’s high school enrollment contract 2019-2020.
- A copy of my son’s college offer from xxxx
- A copy of my son’s flight ticket from Air China and the cancellation notice.
- A copy of my flight ticket to China — the airline has been unable to confirm when the flight will resume.
- Bank statement of my xxxx account.
- Please feel free to reach out to me if you need any more information or documentation. My cell phone is 703-xxx-xxxx, and my email address is email@example.com.
Thank you so much for your kind consideration of my situation! I truly hope that the global pandemic will be contained as soon as possible.
May 26, 2020
【合作伙伴】 新未名律所专业办理各类美国移民和签证，拥有名校博士团队、十几年成功经验、数千批准案例，高批准率， 免费评估。网址 www.nwmlaw.com。 联系人： 蔡律师，firstname.lastname@example.org；杨律师，email@example.com。 更多文章，请查看我们的专栏。