更新：根据多位朋友和读者的反馈，USCIS 从7月上旬起，已经在重新开始发送打指模的预约通知，意味着各地 ASC 已经陆续开门，或者有明确的时间表开门了。
为缓解 Covid-19 疫情，移民局自3月18日起部分「关门」、停止了所有对外接触的服务（in-person services），仅保留紧急服务。6月4日起，移民局宣布了“reopening”，但只有部分 field offices 和 asylum offices 开始了 face-to-face 服务（必须戴口罩、没有 Covid-19 症状等），处理打指模的 Application Support Center 仍然不对外服务。
June 4 Reopening
Beginning June 4, 2020, certain USCIS field offices and asylum offices will resume non-emergency face-to-face services to the public. Application support centers will resume services later. USCIS has enacted precautions to prevent the spread of COVID-19 in reopened facilities:
- Visitors may not enter a USCIS facility if they:
- Have any symptoms of COVID-19, including cough, fever or difficulty breathing;
- Have been in close contact with anyone known or suspected to have COVID-19 in the last 14 days; or
- Have been individually directed to self-quarantine or self-isolate by a health care provider or public health official within the last 14 days.
- Visitors may not enter the facility more than 15 minutes prior to their appointment (30 minutes for naturalization ceremonies).
- Hand sanitizer will be provided for visitors at entry points.
- Members of the public must wear facial coverings that cover both the mouth and nose when entering facilities. If they do not have one, USCIS may provide one or the visitor will be asked to reschedule their appointment.
- There will be markings and physical barriers in the facility; visitors should pay close attention to these signs to ensure they follow social distancing guidelines.
- Individuals may also have to answer health screening questions before entering a facility.
- Individuals are encouraged to bring their own black or blue ink pens.