学校午餐是个联邦级别的计划，叫做 National School Lunch Program，由 USDA 下面的 Food and Nutrition Service (FNS) 管。在 Public Charge 新规实施前，USDA 说 [来源]：
Nutrition Benefits and Public Charge: Effect on Immigration Status Getting nutrition assistance through the FNS does not make an immigrant a "public charge". That is, an immigrant to the United States will not be deported, denied entry to the country, or denied permanent status because he or she receives food stamps, WIC benefits, free and reduced price school lunches or other nutrition assistance from FNS.
新规实施后，移民局 Public Charge Fact Sheet 说：
DHS will not consider:
- Emergency medical assistance;
- Disaster relief;
- National school lunch programs;
- The Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children;
- The Children’s Health Insurance Program;
- Subsidies for foster care and adoption;
- Government-subsidized student and mortgage loans;
- Energy assistance;
- Food pantries and homeless shelters; and
- Head Start.
所以减免午餐仍旧不算作 public charge。