移民局 Policy Manual Chapter 10 - Public Benefits 明确说明了 Unemployment Insurance 不算作公共负担，它是 earned benefit。也就是你平时已经交了失业保险金，现在是领取保险的“收益”而已。原文见 Policy Manual Chapter 10 - Public Benefits Part B.1:
B. Public Benefits Not Considered
- Unenumerated Public Benefits
The following is a non-exhaustive list of public benefits that USCIS does not consider in the public charge inadmissibility determination as they are considered earned benefits:
- Federal Old-Age, Survivors, and Disability Insurance Social Security benefits (SSDI);
- Social Security;
- Veteran’s benefits including but not limited to HUD-VASH, and medical treatment through the Veteran’s Health Administration;
- Government (including federal and state) pension benefits and healthcare;
- Unemployment benefits;
- Worker’s compensation;
- Medicare; or
- Federal and state disability insurance.
申请疫情失业援助（Pandemic Unemployment Assistance; PUA）也不算。《国家法律评论》（National Law Review）解释如下:
The CARES Act expands on basic unemployment benefits through three programs: Pandemic Unemployment Compensation (PUC), Pandemic Emergency Unemployment Compensation (PEUC), and Pandemic Unemployment Assistance (PUA). These programs increase coverage and availability, but eligibility criteria are still determined by individual states. Some states have temporarily waived eligibility requirements due to COVID-19, including the able and available requirement. This waiver may expand the types of non-U.S. workers who qualify for unemployment benefits in those states. Additionally, some states have waived waiting periods and increased payments.
Unemployment benefits are considered earned benefits and will not factor into a public charge determination.